W3C SWBP-WG RDF Thesaurus Task Force activity

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:21:15 +0100
To: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi all,

To keep you up to date with some exciting developments ...

The Thesaurus task force [1]  of the W3C Semantic Web Best Practises and
Deployment Working Group (SWBP-WG) [2] has agreed to take the SKOS-Core RDF
schema as a basis for publishing an RDF schema for thesauri as a W3C working
group note.

(Fyi the acronym given to the SWBP-WG thesaurus task force is 'PORT' - short
for 'porting thesauri to the semantic web).

In light of all the valuable feedback I have received over the last couple
of months I recommended that SWBP-WG become involved with the current
community SKOS developer community in a round of development of the
SKOS-Core schema, to improve its support for some additional features that
are not currently supported, and this has been agreed also.

So I am very pleased to launch SKOS-Core phase 2 development ... I will send
a further mail about details, objectives and time-frames.

Yours,

Al.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/thes-tf/mission
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/