Re: Thesaurus support in new W3C XQuery/Xpath Full-Text working d rafts

From: Thomas Bandholtz <thomas@bandholtz.info>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:02:45 +0200
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>, "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
I have a presentation about Tamino 4.2 dated 5 July 2004 (PDF 401 KB) by SoftwareAG.
Looks like it cannot be downloaded from the page.

There are some slides about thes showing samples of clauses in XQuery such as:

- where tf:containsText($p,tf:synonym("dog"))
- where tf:containsText($p/ino:termName,tf:broaderTerms("dog"))
- where tf:containsText($p/ino:termName,tf:narrowerTerms("carnivore"))

There is also an XML example of two thesauri - looks like you have to use a predefined XML structure to get this running. And finally, the whole thing looks very simple.

I will take a closer look in August.
If anyone wants to see the slides I can send them.

+
Thomas Bandholtz
Semantic Web Consultant
Karl-Friedrich-Schinkelstr. 2