Re: EOCred: recognition of credential

Phil, given that accreditation is a kind of recognition, there would be
nothing wrong definitionally in using only recognizedBy to encompass both;
however, for many, the currency (labor market value) of a credential with
accreditation is higher than with simple recognition. Perhaps propose
recognizedBy as a property of EducationalOccupationalCredential now while
holding open the possibility of later declaring accreditedBy as a
subproperty of it.

With the definition, perhaps something more inclusive such as "validity,
value or utility" as opposed to just "validity".

--
Stuart A. Sutton, Metadata Consultant
Associate Professor Emeritus, University of Washington