[Approval] - Re: Older Resources for new WAI design

Hi Vicki and Charlotte,

Thank you for providing the Editing Plan for the resource and the
additional questions. The planning team met this morning to discuss and
provide feedback. Sorry for the delay of the response. We had an email
listserve issue. Below is a bulleted list of the feedback and
recommendations that we would like you to add to you editing plan.

*Feedback and recommendations to add to plan emailed below:*

   -
*​Web Accessibility and Older People: Meeting the Needs of Ageing Web Users
   *
      - No changes to your approach/plan. Keep going with drafting up the
      edits
      - Recommend sending to the small review team when you have a final
      draft. You can send them the Word doc with everything revised and changes
      accepted. Then provide them with the link to the current page.
Ask them to
      review and open new issues in GitHub for you and Charlotte to act on.
      - *Shawn *- will you create a GitHub repo for them to use for issues
      please (if one does not already exist).
      - Reviewers can provide feedback to you within Word doc as well if
      you prefer. Use Track Changes for that.
   -
*​Older Users Online:  WAI Guidelines Address Older Users Web Experience *
      - Agree, no changes needed as it is an article
   -
*​Instructions for the "Web Accessibility for Older Users" presentation: *
      - Planning team agrees this should be held off until post launch
      updates. We do NOT need to link to this presentation or have it listed.
      This needs to be noted so that we can take it back up post launch and do
      any updates and add it back in later.
   -
*​Overview of Literature Review: *
      - Planning team would like to keep this resource linked. There needs
      to be an indication on the lit review page that it is currently not being
      updated so that people will know. But we want to provide the information
      all the same. This is another area that should be noted when you are
      finished that future updates may be needed or the review
removed. For now,
      please keep and work it into the resource.
   - *How WCAG 2.0 Applies*
      - We believe this resource may have been overlooked in your initial
      review as we don't see notes about it. It is linked in the side
navigation
      as a sub resource.
      - Title: Developing Websites for Older People: How Web Content
      Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Applies
      - Please be sure to work this document into the edits as well and let
      us know if you feel major changes need to be made to it.
   - *A note that was in another email from Shawn* (Just wanted to add it
   here too)
      - In: https://www.w3.org/WAI/older-users/ we can delete: "(This page
      was developed as part of the WAI-AGE Project, introduced below.)" at the
      top - the whole WAI-AGE Project section at the bottom. The acknowledgment
      should stay in the footer.

With this feedback integrated in you plan, it is approved and you are good
to go. Please keep up the great work as you go through the edits and work
with your review team to get to a final draft. Remember, if you have any
questions at all, please reach out to me right away and I will get you what
you need to keep moving forward.

Please let us know if you have any questions about what we have added.
Happy to provide more detail if needed.

Thanks,
Brent (& Planning Team)

Brent A. Bakken
Director, Accessibility Strategy & Education Services
Pearson

512 202 1087
brent.bakken@pearson.com

Learn more at pearson.com