Re: EOWG - Understanding Docs Review Team

Hi EOers,

I would just like to clarify that Silver is NOT rewriting the
Understanding docs in plain language.  Silver is currently running an
experiment to rewrite the WCAG success criteria in plain language.

I think the confusion came from my explanation to John that we want to
move the WCAG content over to Silver in the fall, but I meant success
criteria, not the associated documents.

Since we expect that most of the WCAG guidance will still be valid for
Silver, the need to be able to explain the guidance in plain language
will not be going away.  But we don't expect to be working on that part
of the Silver project for quite some time -- 2019 at the earliest.

But since we now know that EO is working on the Understanding documents
in plain language, we would like permission to "borrow" some of your
text to use in our prototypes. Real plain language guidance makes a
prototype easier to test than lorum ipsum and imagination.  :)

While I am happy to coordinate with Norah, I don't think we will need
close coordination until we actually start work on the Silver content.
Currently, we are only working on structure of Silver, not the content.
Any content we are discussing is only for user testing of prototypes. We
don't anticipate being able to work on new content until Q4 at the
earliest, with Q2 2019 being more likely.

Thanks,

jeanne

--

Jeanne Spellman