OGP Reflections Pre-Summit from Sunlight Foundation

See:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/10/10/ogp-opportunities-and-limitations/

My comments:

From: "Steven Clift" <clift@e-democracy.org>
Date: Oct 10, 2013 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: pre-summit reflections
To: "johnwonderlich" <johnwonderlich@gmail.com>
Cc: <ogp-civilsociety@opengovpartnership.org>

> John, I keyed in on:
>
> We’ve also gained a new appreciation for the importance of moving beyond
voluntary commitments, working to enact laws to ensure permanence and
oversight. And we’ve deepened our commitment to dealing with fundamental
issues of fairness and power, like money in politics, since they’re the
issues that are the least likely to benefit from internal pressure, and are
in need of civil society attention.

http://www.publicus.net/articles/democraticevolution.html

> 1. The Rule of Law - Mandate the democratic evolution!
>
> By making exceptional and essential e-democracy best practices universal
through the rule of law.

> We know most of what works, the technology exists, and great examples
abound. Nothing optional in government will become universal or wide spread
if it remains unfunded or a choice.

> Laws must be passed to require that:

> See my link above - my take from then a decade in this space remains the
same a decade later, things that actually share or distribute power must be
required by law or they will not exist or if they do exist, they will be
turned off with the next administration.

> Also, too bad I was right about hyper-partisan warfare online. :-/
>
> On Oct 10, 2013 2:56 PM, "John Wonderlich" <johnwonderlich@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> We at Sunlight are excited to be coming to London for the upcoming
summit, and we're looking forward to seeing many of you there. We wanted to
share some reflections OGP, and would love any of your thoughts.