 From: Andre Cusson <acusson@01COMMUNICATIONS.com>
To: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>
Cc: 'Gannon Dick' <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>; plos@plos.org; 'Jay Fohs' <Jay.Fohs@marklogic.com>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:52 AM
Subject: Re: PLOS & StratML

Hi Owen, Everyone,

The PLOS StratML document has been converted to StratML Part2 as
    well as added and rendered to its Web site on the StratML portal, at
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/PLOS.html

As usual, all StratML documents are also available for editing, in
    preloaded StratML Part2 forms, from the "Edit" link beside the
    corresponding entry in the alphabetical StratML document list at
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/documents.html.

The other StratML portal indexes have also been updated accordingly,
    as well as the stakeholders and statistics pages, respectively at
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/stakeholders.html
http://stratml.hyperbase.com/statistics.html

Regards,

Andre Cusson
514 583 0601
01 COMMUNICATIONS

>Gannon, StratML files can be shared by posting them anywhere on the Web and most of the elements contained in them can be referenced by their GUIDs, regardless of where they reside on the Web.
>
>The <Relationship> element of StratML Part 2 can be used to associate (link) any <PerformanceIndicator> with any other element (e.g., goals and objectives) in any StratML document anywhere on the Web.
>
>The reason for exploring prospects for implementing the StratML standard in wikis is to enable StratML files to be collaboratively authored and edited.
>
>In StratML Part 3, we are planning to include a <PlaceName> element, which could be used to cite county and city names as well as other named places.
>
>Thanks for calling PLOS to my attention.  Their about statement is now available in StratML format at http://xml.gov/stratml/drybridge/index.htm#PLOS or, more specifically, http://xml.gov/stratml/carmel/PLOSwStyle.xml  It would be good if scientific journals were to include references to the public goals and objectives supported by the research covered in each article.  The StraML standard can facilitate such referencing.  The vision of the standard is:  A worldwide web of intentions, stakeholders, and results.  Its more explicit purposes are outlined at http://xml.gov/stratml/index.htm#DefinitionPurposes
>
>Owen Ambur
>Co-Chair, AIIM StratML Committee
>Co-Chair Emeritus, xml.gov CoP
>Communications/Membership Director, FIRM
>Former Project Manager, ET.gov
>Invited Expert, W3C eGov IG

              made some XSL Stylesheets for StratML which 1) indent 2)
              set for local or remote validation 3) delete XML/HTML
              comments 4) redact "tagged marginalia".  I'm testing them
              now.  I found no problems at all with the XSD Schema, but
              many errors in instances.  Usually it's the other way
              around :-)   This is XML processing and does not affect or
              change StratML in any way.

>Seems to me that if the point is to facilitate sharing
              StratML, that a collation in Journal Format from NIH is a
              better option than Wikis.  Scientific Publishing, thanks
              to NIH, has much better separation from Media Economic
              Model concerns. c.f. http://www.plos.org/

>Dr. Niemann how about a story on PLoS "Open Access Week?"
>
>--Gannon
>
>* (Gannon's Dictionary) properly="demonstrably complete
              versus comparatively better at (possibly) misleading
              benchmarks".  There is a famous "New Yorker" Cover
              depicting a view from a mid-town Manhatan Highrise
              complete with little island like things in the distance
              ... labeled "Chicago", "California", "New Jersey", etc.,
              which says it all.

>________________________________

                                  had a minor agequake and said Frank
                                  Bennett who is a Law Professor (in
                                  Japan?) involved with the Zotero
                                  Project.  By the way, this is the
                                  browser plug-in StratML needs to add
                                  Legal References[1]. "Citation of
                                  relevant legal or other authorities" (StratML Glossary).  Citation syntax is a quasi-Art-Form which long preceeds XML.  Academia will be in the streets with torches and pitchforks if you propose a "good enough" solution.

>Second, my understanding of Wikis is
                                  as a presentation and aggregation
                                  format.  In general those formats are
                                  not intended to be transformable.