From: Holm, Jeanne M (1760) [mailto:jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:19 AM
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: W3C eGov October 19 meeting Agenda, 8-9:30 am PST

Just a reminder for Friday's meeting!

Hi all--

Great recent discussion on the Clay Shirky video.  Let's carry forward this
energy into the next meeting, on October 19.  If you have any suggestions or
ideas for discussion next time, please let Jeanne or Tomas know!

Agenda

1.	Presentation on Social Media in Taiwan (TH Schee)
2.	Summary of previous 3 months of key social media uses by governments
and best practices (Jeanne)

*	A list of best practices, suggestions, and examples will be posted
on the wiki and presented
*	We encourage everyone to add more. This will serve as a template for
the other topics we'll be covering as well.

3.	Brainstorm ideas for the community directory project

*	What information should we share, how to document, how to maintain

4.	Recommendations for open data discussions and speakers for the next
few months
5.	Continued discussion on public engagement and open source (aka the
Clay Shirky video):
http://www.ted.com/talks/clay_shirky_how_the_internet_will_one_day_transform
_government.html

October 19, Friday, 8:00-9:30 am PST (Your Time Zone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=W3C+eGov+Interest+G
roup%3A+Western
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=W3C+eGov+Interest+
Group%3A+Western&iso=20121019T08&p1=137&ah=1&am=30>
&iso=20121019T08&p1=137&ah=1&am=30 )

For those of you attending the W3C Brazil meeting next week, let me know and
we'll try and touch base face to face!

--Jeanne Holm and Tomas Janowski

W3C eGov Interest Group Chairs