From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
To: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Cc: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: Tabels: reconciling tabular formats and linked data

On 17 Oct 2012, at 00:03, Gannon Dick wrote:
> Hi Alfonso,
>
> Do you mean PC Axis = Percent ?

Google is your friend, Gannon.

Best,
Richard

> Background:  I've been working on a project around Work-Life Balance.  It involves visulization computations - true up - across National Boundaries.  This involves a Fourier Transform across Longitude, but also a linear relation across Latitude.  This can skew statistics quite a bit depending on the data "Social Networking Growing Season" but the variability is attenuated surprizingly quickly - at period 16, a Twitter Fortnight (frequency modulated 1/2 Sunday), or 3 months, etc..  As a practical matter, (my fellow) Americans are in love with the 24x7 culture, even though I've discovered no such thing exists.  Humans sleep/nap to lose track of time, at least once a day. Commerce and Social Networking use frequency modulated Sidereal Time to stay in phase (yesterday was exactly 24 hours whether it was or not).  6:00 AM Conference Calls and 16 Hour Workdays may be highly regarded Management Techniques, I am unconvinced they are not simply
 annoying.  Anyway, Decimal=Percent turns out very problematic because neither Humans, Commerce or Social Networking are on that schedule and you exclude data relations and the identifiers alias (this is actually very desirable for linked open data) scaling up and down.