Re: Report on the exchange formats applicable to the Registry Service for Libraries and Related Organizations

From: Peter Krantz <peter@peterkrantz.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:42:09 +0100
Cc: public-egov-ig@w3.org
To: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>, domingo.arroyo@mecd.es

16 nov 2012 kl. 12:18 skrev Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>:

> The report is focussed on libraries which is an important use case for linked data. I'd need to check but I believe the British Library has done rather more in the field of linked data than the report suggests but that's by the by. And Europeana might be worth a look too in this regard ;-)

In Sweden our National library catalog (Libris) is publishing the entire catalog and authorities as linked open data (and has been using linked data since 2008) including a syndication mechanism over Atom. What I particularly like is that they have done a lot of work to connect authority items to DbPedia items (e.g. authors) which enables a whole new set of use cases. In line with 5-star linked open data I guess.

For more details see:

- http://www.slideshare.net/brocadedarkness/libris-linked-library-data

- http://librisbloggen.kb.se/tag/linked-data/

- …and licensing discussion in relation to WorldCat:
 http://librisbloggen.kb.se/2012/04/19/clarification-regarding-worldcat-membership-2/

Regards,

Peter Krantz