Re: Personal Regional Address Books

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:29:04 -0700 (PDT)
To: "public-egov-ig@w3.org" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
A sample mashup of a "sustainable workday" calculation with the 7 day weather forecast for the Hart Senate Office Building in Washington, DC ("County") is at:

This is just a concept prototype, so I'm not going to refresh the Weather (which the Weather Service does once an hour).  The closer the set-up parameters get to IRL, the more useful the mashup becomes.  Warning: Hard to convince your Boss your-telecommuting-self is out of it's pajamas when it takes you 3 minutes to ready in the morning :o\

Once these "Personal Regional Address Books" are made, it's an easy matter to get Weather Information in XML, and other information, sunrise, sunset, etc. can be added to that.  A daemon to fetch the current forecast is all the 'development' work necessary.   I'll publish the Weather XML (dwml) transforms within about a week.

[1] http://www.rustprivacy.org/2011/phase/pab/ or http://tinyurl.com/43hhj7o
[2] http://tinyurl.com/43hhj7o/geocard.zip