Toward a sustainable day

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: "W3C eGov Interest Group \(All\)" <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "team-gld-chairs@w3.org" <team-gld-chairs@w3.org>
I posted some food for thought, "Policy and Community: Toward a Sustainable Day" (PDF) [1].  Even in the near-short-term (a year) the quantitative basis for Policy differs substantially from day-to-day planning, that is, no Policy at all.

Several venues, including Bonn (ISWC), Warsaw (GLD Workshop), Santa Clara (TPAC), and others, are considered.  I don't present any findings, only to say that Daylight Savings Time and Electric Lights are innovations, but not "solutions" to the evolutionary need of humans to rest.

This is my excuse for missing the conference call yesterday, and I'm sticking to it.

--Gannon

[1] http://www.rustprivacy.org/2011/phase/community/toward.pdf