egov directory

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:49:46 -0500
To: chris@e-beer.net.au
Cc: daniel@citizencontact.com, W3C eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>, "team-egov@w3.org" <team-egov@w3.org>
On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 14:39 +1100, Chris Beer wrote:
> I'd even go so far as to say that Charter Item 1.4 (Community
> Directory) should happen now - the issue with mobilizing the community
> is identifying who is part of the community and actively seeking them
> out. Thoughts?

Let's brainstorm for a minute about what this directory would be
like....    What kind of things are listed in it?  People, Projects,
Events, Documents, ...?    Do people list themselves and the things they
are involved in, or do interested, potentially anonymous observers do it
(as in wikipedia)?

What kinds of things are said in it?   If people are listed, what do
people want and have some right to know?  If projects, etc, are listed,
what do people want to know about them?

Maybe the focus is on problem solving?  Maybe I want to find people,
etc, related to solving some particular problem I'm facing?   The IG
note [1] could be taken as a map of the eGov problem space, useful for
organizing this.

For instance, we could list the items related to "Participation and
Engagement", and even more narrowly, the sub-topics, such as "Clear and
Simple Rules for Public Servants".

That might work...

I think we can probably do this in a crowd-source way, if a few people
are willing to put some real effort into getting it started.

   -- Sandro

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/egov-improving/