Re: ping.

On 1/22/2011 4:39 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 15:16 -0500, daniel@citizencontact.com wrote:
>> Is there any more conversation about next steps, meetings, etc?
>> Daniel
> I'm not sure who you are asking.   Are you asking if people have more
> comments, or if there's been some discussion off-list?
>
> Procedurally, we're interested in public comment on the two draft
> charters, but not hearing a lot....
>
>   * http://www.w3.org/2011/govdata/charter
>
> I expect this one to move forward shortly.
>
>   * http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/charter-2011

Certainly my support for the new charter hasn't altered any from my end
of November response to it. I think as written it works well, and as in
the past, we treat it as a minimum cut, knowing that the e-Gov world
will change it's own priorities to which we will no doubt react to.
> On this one, the IG, there's definitely space for someone to step up to
> a leadership role, mobilizing the community.

Are you calling for nominations to the chairs? Happy to step up if
others were of the view that I would work well in that space (Yes - take
that as a nomination if you like). Hell - end of the day I'm happy to
just aid in mobilizing the community - we need the IG to happen.

I'd even go so far as to say that Charter Item 1.4 (Community Directory)
should happen now - the issue with mobilizing the community is
identifying who is part of the community and actively seeking them out.
Thoughts?

> On government data in general, I personally have been somewhat
> following discussions in two other (non-W3C) places:
>     http://web.mit.edu/govdata
> and
>     http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-government
>

>       - Sandro

Hadn't seen the MIT list - thanks!

Cheers

/*Chris Beer
*Invited Expert (Public Member) W3 eGovernment Interest Group & W3-WAI
WCAG Working Group
EM: chris@e-beer.net.au <mailto:chris@e-beer.net.au>
TW: @zBeer <http://www.twitter.com/zBeer>
LI: http://au.linkedin.com/in/zbeer/