RE: New Public Sector Transparency Board and Public Data Transparency Principles

________________________________
From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mike Norton
Sent: Thursday, 9 September 2010 1:59 PM
To: chris@e-beer.net.au; public-egov-ig@w3.org
Cc: pia.waugh@aph.gov.au
Subject: Re: New Public Sector Transparency Board and Public Data Transparency Principles

Thanks Chris.  My two cents as the Devil's advocate:

1) "Public data policy and practice will be clearly driven by the public and businesses who want and use the data..." This seems to be a dangling key for businesses although I'm not convinced the same key will be available to individual consumers of said data.

I thin it depends on how we use the word "public".  A lot of public groups that can't be classified as businesses have shown themselves to be eager users of public data.

The occasional individual might be interested, but I can see lots of community groups getting involved.

My 2c worth.

Kerry