Re: New Public Sector Transparency Board and Public Data Transparency Principles

Thanks Chris.  My two cents as the Devil's advocate:

1) "Public data policy and practice will be clearly driven by the public and
businesses who want and use the data..." This seems to be a dangling key for
businesses although I'm not convinced the same key will be available to
individual consumers of said data.

2)  "Public data will be published using open standards, and following relevant
recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium."   To me, this is sort of a
blatant conflict of interest, as much of the W3C's creed stands to eradicate
borders during its growth - borders such as national boundaries, places where
public data resides on the fringe.

3) "Speed may mean that the first release may have inaccuracies; more accurate
versions will be released when available."  What is the point of velocity here,
if not accuracy the most important?

Michael A. Norton