Re: Environmental LOD [was: Re: New Charter]

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:39:39 -0800 (PST)
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
--- On Tue, 11/23/10, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> wrote:
I think we need to look at the role of egov in the web ecosystem in a holistic and pragmatic way. For example, I am interested in promoting the the thoughtful use of feed syndication in egov...

+0.5 if you mean that there is a role for "push".

+0.5 if "thoughtful" means a feed catalog which stresses local relevance over broad Agency Public Relations. Data, not "News".  Points of Interest are where you find them, not where the audience is located. As a great philosopher once posited:
"You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach
You'll never drill for oil on a city street
I know you're looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks
But there ain't no Coup de Ville
Hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box" -- Meatloaf