Re: New Charter

From: Thomas Bandholtz <thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:24:26 +0100
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
CC: W3C eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Hi Michael

Am 19.11.2010 16:17, schrieb Michael Hausenblas:
>> My contribution would be around the use case of Linked Environment Data
>> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Linked_Environment_Data
> +1
>
> Our Green and Sustainable IT unit [1] has some interesting contributions
> regarding this topic as well.
>
> I guess this could best be fit into the planned eGov IG.

I am pleased to hear you found out that green is green ;-)
Does this unit has also data about power consumption and  environmental
life cycle assessment which should be published and linked?

>> Furthermore, the European Environment Agency has published a use case about
>> networking and aligning species databases all over Europe based on
>> Linked Data:
>> http://svn.eionet.europa.eu/projects/Reportnet/wiki/ContentRegistry/UseCase10
>> I am quite sure they will start working on this quite soon.
> Very timely! Turns out that my colleague Richard will be with the EEA people
> next week at the workshop in Copenhagen to support them [2].

Great! Things are really moving on fast.
There will also be an Ecoinformatics meeting on Linked Data (including
US EPA and EEA) in early December.
http://www.eea.europa.eu/cooperations/eco-informatics/about-ecoinformatics

About linking species, there is also a discussion at the Darwin Core
(TSWG) group starting here:
http://lists.tdwg.org/pipermail/tdwg-content/2010-November/002003.html

Best,
Thomas

--
Thomas Bandholtz, thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com, http://www.innoq.com
innoQ Deutschland GmbH, Halskestr. 17, D-40880 Ratingen, Germany