Re: [agenda] eGov IG call, 31 March 2010

El 30/03/2010, a las 22:50, Chris Beer escribió:
> Agreed - I've noticed the same. Yet while we can drive a W3C
> delivered/hosted "open standard" or best practice - do you feel
> there will be ownership issues at all? (I know of atleast 3 other
> efforts straight up and was already thinking along Jose's lines)

I don't expect them. For example, us (CTIC) would be happy to help.

Although this is an IG and cannot produce recommendation track work
(i.e. standards), there are mechanisms at W3C we could use. Those that
are Member organizations can develop something outside W3C and use the
Member Submission process [1], or can start an XG [2]. We as group
also have a liaison with the Semantic Web Activity (it's in the
charter itself)[2] that could be of help in this case, too.

We should also talk to the LOD community (and having Richard around
and other LOD Members, this should be more than easy :)

This is part of the sort of the discussion we would like us to have
today.

-- Jose

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/eGov/ig-charter#coordination.w3c