[DCAT] CTIC's approach to represent Datasets and Catalogs

From: Martin Alvarez-Espinar <martin.alvarez@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:07:06 +0200
To: eGov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Hello,

In the previous meeting I show a couple of examples about the CTIC's
Catalog of Dataset Catalogs implementation in RDF and some
visualizations using this data. With Richard's help (thanks, Richard),
we have created a page in the wiki [1] with information about how has
been made, and examples of visualizations.

Also, I've included more information about the description of the
Datasets of 'Datos de Asturias', the Principality of Asturias Open Data
Project. Those datasets are specified in RDF (voiD, FOAF, DC, etc.) and
all the visualizations in HTML are generated transforming results of
SPARQL queries. Please, see examples of these definitions in RDF, and
related comments in the wiki [2].

In the meeting tomorrow, I will explain more details based on these pages.

Best regards,

Martin

[1] http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary/CTIC_Dataset_List
[2] http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary/Datos_de_Asturias

--
Martín Álvarez Espinar
CTIC-Centro Tecnológico

Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Gijón
c/ Ada Byron, 39 Edificio Centros Tecnológicos
33203 Gijón - Asturias - España
Tel.: +34 984 29 12 12
Fax: +34 984 39 06 12
E-mail: martin.alvarez@fundacionctic.org