Re: Joining eGov IG

OK, to follow Jim's example... I'm Brad Cox. http://bradjcox.blogspot.com

I've recently been doing enterprise architecture work for DoD after a varied
career (language development; Objective C), teaching (distance education),
SOA, OSGI, etc. Current interest is disentangling DoD enterprise
architecture from their belief that anything worthwhile can and should be
expressed as M$ Sql databases. The horrors of that must be seen to be
appreciated.

I've done a quick study of RDF/OWL enough to become convinced that RDF (at
least) and OWL (maybe) could do the job better, faster, cheaper (like say
10x so). Most of the work/time is in converting gnarly SQL to RDF so little
time has been exploring whizzy new OWL features. 90% of the job is just
plain xquery transforms to plain old RDF.

This work is mainly notable because of potential (huge) budgetary impact of
getting a self-consistent machine-processable enterprise architecture
across OMB, DOD BEA (DoDAF), Army EA, and Federal FEA. No bleeding edge
RDF/OWL stuff here but probable large implications in the open gov sense.