From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:51:48 +0100
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org

As a recent joiner, I wanted to briefly introduce myself to the rest of the
interest group.

My name is Leigh Dodds and I'm currently employed as the Programme Manager
for the Talis Platform. My current remit covers a broad range of activities
including product management, community engagement, consultancy, etc. Most
recently I've been working on a project with the BBC to provide additional
services around their linked data using the Platform, and am currently
working on a similar project with John Sheridan at OPSI. I also put together
the Talis Connected Commons scheme, which is a free hosting offer for public
domain (under PDDL or CC0 waivers) within the Platform; something that I
think will be relevant and useful to people working in this, and related

I have a technical background, having been writing about & working, with
semantic web technologies for a number of years. I hope to bring that
experience to bear on helping define some pragmatic and easy approaches for
publishing and shared open government data as Linked Data.

Look forward to working with you all!

Leigh Dodds
Programme Manager, Talis Platform