introductory note

From: Jeff Sonstein <jeffs@it.rit.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:22:02 -0400
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Cc: "Jose M. Alonso" <josema@w3.org>

I just joined the group
and Jose Alonso asked that I drop the group list
introducing myself

I teach in the Information Technology Department
in the College of Computing and Information Sciences
at Rochester Institute of Technology
in upstate New York, USA

most of my teaching energy these days
goes into various Web-oriented topics
and various things to do with XML & related topics

I am also the founder & Director of the
Center for the Handheld Web
and most of my R&D energy these days
is focused on the handheld device domain

I am a member of the
W3C Mobile Best Practices Working Group
and of the
Mobile Web for Social Development Interest Group

these interests seem to me to dovetail nicely with
my reasons for joining the eGovernment Interest Group...
I see mobile devices as key gateways
for citizens to access government electronically
in both the "developed" & the "developing" world

jeffs

--
"By the time you swear you're his,
  Shivering and sighing,