Re: Face to Face meeting: registration, agenda, questions

From: Michael Phythian <michael.phythian@email.dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:56:38 +0100
To: <josema@w3.org>,<public-egov-ig@w3.org>

As a lurker since the start I'd best identify my intentions and state why I'm not actively involved!

I'm an UK local government ICT Manager and a PhD researcher in e-government.. My main interest in the use of metrics at a sub-national level to assist in channel-balancing (rather than migration0 but also to improve the citizen experience.

Its been a bit dry for me on the list but I just like to have a weather-eye as to thinking.

Good luck with the meetings!

Mick Phythian
Research Student
Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility
School of Computing,
De Montfort University
The Gateway, LEICESTER, LE1 9BH

e: mickp@dmu.ac.uk

>>> "Jose M. Alonso" <josema@w3.org> 21/09/08 11:33 AM >>>

Hi Group participants,

It's me again about the upcoming meeting.

Deadline for registration is fast approaching: 28 September. Please,
register by then if you plan to attend using the TPAC registration
form [1].

Given the discussion we currently have in the mailing list, I expect
the meeting to be interesting and productive in moving forward.
Please, suggest topics for the agenda [2].

The registration figures are not exciting yet. 7 people have
registered to attend the meeting (out of 34 Group participants so far
[3]), while we already have 14 people requesting observer status.

Three questions for you:
1) What are the issues for you not to attend the meeting? Anything we
could do?

2) There's a possibility we could offer phone access to the meeting,
but it's not cheap nor easy. I need to know *asap* (by next Sunday)
how many people would be interested in attending by phone. Please,
note the meeting will be head approx. 9:00 to 17:00 CEST on 23-24 Oct.

3) How many of you are W3C Advisory Committee representatives and plan
to attend the AC session on Thursday, 23 Sept afternoon? The current
plan is to meet both days 9:00 to 17:00 but would depend on how many
of you won't be able to attend due to the AC session.

Thanks in advance,

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/TPAC2008
[3] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=42481&public=1