Re: ETF - help! RE: Updated Data.gov memo

El 07/09/2009, a las 17:19, Sandro Hawke escribió:

>>> so, Hugh, I believe you can >start work on this now...just
>>> recognize =20=
>>
>>> that the references at the end are still being populated.  >If any
>>> =20
>>> of you would like to assist Hugh, reply back to this email & let
>>> us =20=
>>
>>> know.
>>>
>>> Thanks for confirming this, Rachel. It can be hard to be sure =20
>>> exactly what I committed to in those calls (they are too late for
>>> me).
>>>

>> :)
>>
>> Formatting the Google document according to the W3C document format
>> =20
>> and Manual of Style, such as the one of the Group Note.
>>
>>> Will send this to you by the end of my weekend, hopefully. As I =20
>>> understand it, that's within your expectations?
>>>
>> Yup, is it available somewhere?
>> Today (Monday) is a holiday in the U.S.
>> Tomorrow (Tuesday) is a local holiday for me.
>>
>> Unless the document is already properly formatted, it would be nearly
>> impossible for Sandro to publish it tomorrow...
>
> Hugh did the basic formatting, but we're still missing various
> editorial
> bits, like the references section.  If I don't have them in the next
> few
> hours, it's unlikely we'll be able to proceed on the planned schedule.
>
> Alternatively, I suppose we could publish with references TBD, but I'm
> not really happy with that idea.  Glossary TBD is more okay.

[I've just subscribed John and Kevin to this list, since I realized
they were not]

This is an attempt from the top of my head, not sure if enough and on
time...

We should refer to the eGov Glossary we maintain at: http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Glossary
this is what we did from the Group Note.

References... I would use just a few main ones:

[EGOV-IMPROVING]
Improving Access to Government through Better Use of the Web, S.
Accar, J. Alonso, K. Novak, Editors, W3C Group Note, 12 May 2009, http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/NOTE-egov-improving-20090512/
. Latest version available at http://www.w3.org/TR/egov-improving/.

[EU-PSID]
Directive 2003/98/EC on the Re-Use of Public Sector Information,
European Parliament and Council, 17 November 2003, http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/psi/docs/pdfs/directive/psi_directive_en.pdf
.

[TBL-GOV]
Design Issues: Putting Government Data Online, T. Berners-Lee, http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/GovData

[TBL-LD]
Design Issues: Linked Data, T. Berners-Lee, http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData

[TUT-LD]
How to Publish Linked Data on the Web, C. Bizer, R. Cyganiak, T.
Heath, 27 July 2007, http://sites.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/pub/LinkedDataTutorial/20070727/
. Latest version available at http://sites.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/pub/LinkedDataTutorial/
.

[US-OBMEMO]
Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies on
Transparency and Open Government, B. Obama, http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/TransparencyandOpenGovernment/
.

[US-GSATRAN]
Intergovernmental Solutions Newsletter: Transparency and
Open Government, GSA Office of Citizen Services and Communications,
Spring 2009 Issue, http://www.usaservices.gov/events_news/documents/Transparency_000.pdf
.

[WEBARCH]
Architecture of the World Wide Web, Volume One, I. Jacobs, N. Walsh,
Editors, W3C Recommendation, 15 December 2005, http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/
. Latest version available at http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/.

[WEBSELF]
The Self-Describing Web, N. Walsh, Editor, W3C TAG Finding, 7 February
2009, http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/
selfDescribingDocuments-2009-02-07. Latest version at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments
.

-- Josema

ps: I very much hope we could improve the group's publication process
and avoid rushing next time (though some say it's inherent nature of
the human being ;)