Re: [dxwg] Definitions in Profiles Ontology (#755)

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 20:15:06 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Makx, I realize that dct:Standard does not require formal standards - in fact, the usage board rejected that definition when it was suggested by ISO. But not everyone considers their profile a standard. There can be ad hoc profiles that aren't expected to have any weight on future activity. The main thing is that there is no reason to define profiles as standards (even under a loose dct definition). As we have found with some of the domains and ranges in dct, it's easy to exclude someone else's practice. As always, less is more when it comes to these kinds of restrictions.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/755#issuecomment-473585442 using your GitHub account