Re: [dxwg] Definitions in Profiles Ontology (#755)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 19:21:50 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@kcoyle I don't think that instances of `dct:Standard` are necessarily formal standards, like W3C Recommendations or ISO Standards. The definition also allows informal sets of rules. You refer to "_the definition of a standard_" but it is not clear whether we all have the same idea of what a 'standard' is. Given the definition at DCMI, I don't see how a profile would not qualify as a `dct:Standard`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/755#issuecomment-473576900 using your GitHub account