Re: [dxwg] Further clarification for distributions (#789)

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 20:03:28 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
To be clear, I'm not pushing back against saying that distributions can be informationally nonequivalent. I think the text now does a much better job than before of clarifying what we mean by that. I just meant to point out that using a different profile returns something more different than a distribution. I wonder if it would be helpful to think about profiles in terms of data services. In a way, they return subsets the way a service does. The service serves the dataset in its entirety, but individual queries return subsets.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agreiner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/789#issuecomment-471058629 using your GitHub account