Re: [dxwg] Datasets vs. Catalog relation [RDSCR] (#62)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 09:38:59 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@agbeltran No, you didn't miss anything. The point came up in a discussion around the EU DCAT-AP and it was noted that the vocabulary is called the **Data Catalog** Vocabulary, not the **Dataset Description** Vocabulary, which seems to imply that a Dataset in the sense of DCAT must be in a Catalog. @chris-sepa made that point in https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/62#issuecomment-396261725.
In the case of the EU DCAT-AP, it is made clear in the conformance statement that the description of the catalogue is mandatory for conforming implementations, so this issue might be for profiles to address.
It's not a major issue for me, and it would be fine for me to say nothing about it.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/62#issuecomment-470454579 using your GitHub account