Re: [dxwg] prof:inheritedFrom needs more convincing case and/or example (#642)

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 01:55:21 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Because this is long, I'm going to try to break it up into small bits:

<pre>
ex1:Standard_X
    a dct:Standard , prof:Profile ;  # this may be a 'null' profile,
                                     # i.e. a profile of nothing, a regular Standard
    dct:title "Standard X" ;
    prof:hasResource ex1:RS_1 .
</pre>

What this says is the ex1:Standard_X is a member of two classes: dct:Standard and prof:Profile. I don't understand what is meant by "a profile of nothing". Regardless of what follows (e.g. whether this is declared to be or not to be a profileOf something), that class membership remains. What is intended by using both class declarations?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/642#issuecomment-459184416 using your GitHub account