RE: [dxwg] There is a need to distinguish between distributions that package the entire dataset and those that support access to specific items, queries, and packaged downloads of data. [ID51] (5.51) (#267)

Karen,

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:27 AM, Karen Coyle [mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net] wrote:

> It looks like there was still ongoing discussion about that one at #288:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/288

> Can anyone say if the discussion in the conneg meeting came to a
> resolution for the questions there?

I'm not quite sure I understand your question...

If #267 relates to #288 [2] it would mean that #288 must offer a way to describe the container structure and the items in the container in a machine-interpretable way. Is that correct?

And no, we didn't come to a resolution for this. If my understanding is correct I'd say it's more prof-ontology than prof-conneg...

[1] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/267

[2] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/288

Best,

Lars