Re: [dxwg] There is a need to distinguish between distributions that package the entire dataset and those that support access to specific items, queries, and packaged downloads of data. [ID51] (5.51) (#267)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:59:45 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Isn't a "_distribution that support access to specific items, queries [etc.]_" in effect a service? As far as I understand it, the updated definition of `dcat:Distribution` in the latest draft seems to imply it represents a file; the definition includes "_Examples of distributions include a CSV file, a netCDF file, or a data-cube_". We added the `dcat:Service` for things that are not files, which seems to be what this issue is about.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/267#issuecomment-456171104 using your GitHub account