RE: ACTION-86: AndreaPerego to consider if dct:accessRights should be inlcuded in DCAT (Dataset Exchange Working Group)

Dear all,

As Dave mentioned in [1], during the last DCAT subgroup meeting I was given an action [2] to propose a revision to the DCAT spec, to incorporate the use of dct:accessRights.

I just did it, and submitted the revision proposal via the following PR: https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/607

I tried to provide enough details about the changes I made in the PR description. I decided to focus only on Section 9 (License and rights statements), which it is exactly devoted to providing guidance on the specification of rights, and it is linked to from all the relevant class / property definitions.

You can preview the revised version of Section 9 here:

https://rawgit.com/w3c/dxwg/andrea-perego-dcat-sec-rights-rev/dcat/index.html#license-rights

And here you can see the HTML diff highlighting the changes:

https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fdxwg%2Fdcat%2Findex.html&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Frawgit.com%2Fw3c%2Fdxwg%2Fandrea-perego-dcat-sec-rights-rev%2Fdcat%2Findex.html#license-rights

Looking forward to your feedback

Andrea

PS: This revision is meant to address both ACTION-85 and ACTION-86.

----
[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dxwg-wg/2018Nov/0723.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/2018/11/21-dxwgdcat-minutes#x04

----
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
Scientific / Technical Project Officer
European Commission DG JRC
Directorate B - Growth and Innovation
Unit B6 - Digital Economy
Via E. Fermi, 2749 - TP 262
21027 Ispra VA, Italy

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.

ACTION-86: AndreaPerego to consider if dct:accessRights should be inlcuded in DCAT (Dataset Exchange Working Group)

https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/actions/86

On: Andrea Perego
Due: 2018-03-08
Product: DCAT

If you do not want to be notified on new action items for this group, please update your settings at:
https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/users/40317#settings