RE: Profiles ont namespace and profile docs short names - please respond

> I thought that the /dx/* names are only for documents in the http://www.w3.org/ns/
Correct.

For PROV, we have the ontology shortcode /TR/prov-o and the namespace /ns/prov#.

We are suggesting for the Profiles Ontology, the shortcode of /TR/prof-ont and the namespace /ns/dx/prof/. I would personally like to drop the /dx/.

> And do we really need to consider sub-namespaces of /dx/prof? If we use hash-URIs instead, the publication of the namespace document will be _very_ much more straightforward.
I really, really think we need to. We need a child domain of the ontology namespace (or an unrelated other namespace but it would be easier to manage as a child) for the roles vocabulary. We really, really shouldn't, for reasons I'm mentioned before, publish vocabs within the ontology and to keep them separate, we need distince namespaces.

Slash URIs future proof us (the W3C) against implementing vocab management tools which can deliver individual concept responses, not just whole vocabs as a document.

Consider the individual Concept of 'accepted' from the Registry Ontology Status Codes vocabulary delivered by the Aust. Govt Linked data WG: http://linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status/accepted. Is a single Concept within the whole vocab (http://linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status) with a derivative URI (/accepted) and the use of slash URIs means it can be accessed and used as a distinct Linked Data object, not within a single document (of the whole vocab) only.

The config for slash URIs is fine really and the Reg Status vocab is just Apache config + static HTML & static RDF files, but could be a vocab management tool also.