RE: Profiles ont namespace and profile docs short names - please respond

There is no requirement for semantic web namespaces for the profile documents, other than the Ontology (and any child vocabs) and the originally proposed short codes /TR/prof-ont, /TR/prof-conneg etc fit the W3C patterns for related documents like PROV which uses /TR/prov-o, /TR/prov-dm etc.

> I'm still a bit concerned ... about the use of slash namespaces until we know some more details on how they will be maintained on the W3C side
Yes, we are asking for something new. At this stage, I propose to publish the vocab RDF as a single file so the slash URIs for them would operate just as hash URIs typically do, redirecting all to a single document. However, if, in the future, a vocab management tool is implemented, the slash URIs could direct to an API that returns different results.

The Australian Govt LD WG recently implemented a slash URI implementation of a static vocab in RDF & HTML  where individual URIs redirect to individual Concept and Concept Schema files, see:

http://linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status/statusScheme
http://linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status/accepted
http://linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status/deprecated

This is a re-implementation of the Registry Ontology's Statuses as a vocabulary.

The total config is still a snippet of Apache config and then files (static files) to handle the results (RDF & HTML files) however, once established, the URI could redirect to a vocab tool, rather than just static files, if one was implemented.

Here is the total Apache config:

        # http://linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status
        RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^_format=text/turtle$
        RewriteRule ^/def/reg-status(.*)$ http://www.linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status$1.ttl?  [R=302,L]
        RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept} text/turtle [NC]
        RewriteRule ^/def/reg-status(.*)$ http://www.linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status$1.ttl  [R=302,L]
        RewriteRule ^/def/reg-status.ttl$ http://www.linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status.ttl  [R=302,L]
        RewriteRule ^/def/reg-status(.*)$ http://www.linked.data.gov.au/def/reg-status$1 [R=302,L]

> I'm aware only of hash namespaces, and of vocabularies published as single physical files
There are many vocabs published from APIs, see:

https://vocabs.ands.org.au/search/#!/?q=geo&p=1 - a portal indicating many vocabs
http://data.naa.gov.au/ - a single vocab published using the PoolParty server
http://registry.it.csiro.au/_def -  the registry of many vocabs, maintained by Simon

Nick