Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:10:45 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I think that the work I’ve outlined above is compatible with Lars’ & Ruben’s work.

In the implementions we’ve used before, a _format Query Sting Argument is used instead of it as a override for Accept header and _view QSA is effectively the equivalent of Accept-Profile.

I would be able to implement Profile headers in the 6 or so APIs delivering different profiles in operation now if I can get persistent URIs for the profiles.

We have discussed the registration of Profiles within our Govt Linked Data WG as registration would give them a persistent URI. We will likely register a series of Profiles for purposes such as an energy sector profile of DCAT (2018) but currently we are unclear about whether a catalogue of known profiles is needed or even possible. We may make such a thing for Aust Gov-approved profiles.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/74#issuecomment-389782515 using your GitHub account