Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

From: Lars G. Svensson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 15:42:40 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I think we should be careful to try to standardise a way of putting profile information into URIs/URLs by mandating the use of _format or _view. I agree that it's _one_ way of doing it, but there are others as well. The URLs to the specific resource versions can be propagated using http `Link`-headers or html `link` elements (and of course as normal `<a href=...` in the html pages).
A registry for profiles sounds good. There could even be several, community-specific registries.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by larsgsvensson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/74#issuecomment-391039559 using your GitHub account