Re: [dxwg] Profiles extend or refine (UC 5.37)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 12:08:19 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I am probably over-complicating the issue, but I wonder if we want to distinguish between the different type of dependences in order to make smarter the profile negotiation.

I am thinking about a generic dependency property  ( e.g., dependsOn suggested by Simon @dr-shorthair), and some specialized dependsOn subproperties to indicate specific kind of dependency in the context of Profiling  (e.g.,  I do not know .. extend, restrict)?

At least a property representing "subtype polymorphism" to help to figure out the compatibility among profiles which is necessarily expressed by the more generic dependency relation.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/216#issuecomment-386874733 using your GitHub account