Re: [dxwg] Profiles may inherit clauses from one or more parent profiles (6.1)

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 18:11:01 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
So, my concern with this is that I think profiles should be self-contained. One should not have to find parent profiles in order to make sense of a profile already in hand. I have no problem with a profile indicating its provenance, but any programmatic use of a profile is made unnecessarily complex if it requires finding parent profiles and parsing them separately. As a web app developer, I don't want to have to build a semantic engine in order to build an app that uses a profile to determine what inputs it can use.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agreiner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/212#issuecomment-386386975 using your GitHub account