Re: scope of profile (negotiation) group

My own view is that a "profile description vocabulary" is a necessary part
of guidance on profiles, a deliverable we have not yet started - it fills a
gap in expression of the requirements.

I see that options 1&2 are the same in this context (because a profile is a
resource with a URI) - and possibly with some additional best practice
guidelines the proposed vocabulary could meet all the requirements in 3.

We have a definition - a model to formalise and explain, and worked
examples to test should help us understand it better.

I dont think either profile negotiation or dcat revision are heavily
impacted by the description issue - its "fine-grained semantics" - but that
support for whatever forms of short identifiers needed for negotiation
should be taken on as a requirement for the profile description language.

Rob