Discussion points for the Profiles Guidance Document

From: Svensson, Lars <L.Svensson@dnb.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:31:21 +0000
To: "public-dxwg-wg@w3.org" <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
All,

I again had a look at Rob's proposal for a RDF vocabulary for profiles [1] and added a graph to the Application-Profiles Wiki page [5] showing how I understand the DCAT-AP example. I hope this is useful for the discussion.

Then I created three issues related to the Profile Guidance Document. The first is a proposal for the document structure [2] and the two others are about terminology: Do we call the implementation of a profile using a certain technology (e. g. a SHACL document or an XML Schema) a "schema" and how do we define that term [3] and "What is a formalism" [4].

Comments are most welcome.

[1] used to be at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/blob/roba-profile/dcat/rdf/profile.ttl but is now gone, one of the examples is in the wiki at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/wiki/Application-profiles

[2] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/196

[3] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195