Re: DQV, ISO 19115/19157 and GeoDCAT-AP

From: Andrea Perego <andrea.perego@jrc.ec.europa.eu>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:09:03 +0100
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Cc: "public-dwbp-wg@w3.org" <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Thanks for this, Antoine.

Please see my comments inline.

On 07/03/2016 11:21, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> Dear Andrea,
>
> Again, my turn for being late...
>
> Actually your email was very long, I'm going to split it.
>
> On items #1 and #2 I believe we're almost set.
> May I however ask you to check two last things?
>
> - what's the proper way to refer to the GeoDCAT-AP doc. Our referenced
> at http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/vocab-dqg.html#bib-GeoDCAT-AP is a bit old.
> I see there's a PDF at [1], but it's always a bit confusing, as the PDF
> itself mentions https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/node/148281

I suggest you use the following:

EU ISA Programme. GeoDCAT-AP: A geospatial extension for the DCAT
application profile for data portals in Europe. Version 1.0. 23 December
2015. URL:
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/dcat_application_profile/asset_release/geodcat-ap-v10

Actually, the two URLs redirect to the same page - and they should be
both persistent.

> - whether we can/should refer to the 'provisional' PROV pattern you
> mentioned for conformance. This is possible as an additional sentence at
> [2].

I think you can safely refer to it. This will stay in the GeoDCAT-AP
specification, and, also in case it will be revised, this will be done
by ensuring backward compatibility.

> And if yes, whether indeed we're talking about Annex II.14 (p62
> onwards) in the document at [1].

Yep. That's the right section and page range.

Cheers,

Andrea