Re: BPs for linksets

Hi Phil,

Busy day today, so this is just a quick note to express:
1) While I didn't know there was a specific term linksets, it makes a lot
of sense because communities outside of the spatial data perspective are
grappling with this problem.
2) Some examples that come to mind:
   a) The Atmosphere Radiation Measurement program has instrumentation that
produces measurements. These measurements must be restructured in such a
way that simulation modeler consumers can use their data.  So temperature
measurement data streams A, B, C are integrated to create a "Value Added
Product" D to provide a composite of the best temperature measurements for
the simulation modeler consumer.   If I were reviewing results M produced
by the simulation modeler, I might want to look at D and how D originated
from streams A, B, C for a full disclosure record.
   b) Heterogeneous data collected in datasets or measured in a variety of
ways and the composite of represent either a profile of a physical
phenomena (performance metrics).
  c) A series quantum chemistry simulations are run to predict the behavior
of molecules under various conditions.  Each simulation represents a
separate dataset.    A linkset ties together a portion (e.g. lines
2200-4500 in file A of dataset Z)  of each dataset distribution that
represents an insight or anomaly.

Does this help?

Eric S