a first proposal for Issue-205

From: Riccardo Albertoni <albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:28:27 +0100
To: DWBP Public List <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Dear all,

Following the discussion we had  last friday's call concerning issue-205,
https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/205,
a first   proposal we might discuss  in order to turn  metrics,  dimensions
and categories into a skos hierarchy  is the following

Proposal 1: Let’s define
-dqv:hasDimension and  dqv:hasCategory as subproperties
(rdfs:subPropertyOf)  of skos:broader;
-dqv:Category,  dqv:Dimension, dqv:Metric  as subclasses of
(rdfs:subClassOf) skos:Concept.

In this way, we have that every  user-defined   category/ dimension/ metric
hierarchy  is automatically mapped into a SKOS hierarchy. At the same time,
 this proposal  remains “back-compatible” with DAQ,  since we  have
 dqv:Category,  dqv:Dimension, dqv:Metric  still mapped into their
corresponding   DAQ's metric, dimension, and category.

What do you think? Does this work? any refinement?

Cheers,

Riccardo

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: http://www.ge.imati.cnr.it/Albertoni