Re: Remove the Data Vocabularies section from the DWBP document

Hi all,
> Le 13 mai 2015 à 15:01, Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br> a écrit :
>
> Instead of having a section for data vocabularies, we may refer to The Standard Vocabularies section of the W3C Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data.
>
> What do you think?

-1 to remove the section. I fully agree with Antoine.

I think the confusion comes from the content of BP2, where we use “standard terms” instead of “standardized terms”, i.e. we can expect here to have ISO terms, or OGC terms as long as they are standardized.

IMO, we have to re-rewrite BP2 to avoid confusion, in the sections related to implementation and testing. “Standard terms” are subsets of terms in a vocabulary, and some vocabularies are only the work of one person in a project. So “standard terms” are not equal to “vocabularies terms” (I should probably check this in the glossary).

Best,
Ghislain
Ghislain A. Atemezing, Ph.D
ghislain.atemezing@gmail.com