Re: NY Property Tax Explorer

From: Christophe Guéret <christophe.gueret@dans.knaw.nl>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:37:41 -0700
To: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
CC: Laufer <laufer@globo.com>, Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov>, Steven Adler <adler1@us.ibm.com>, DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
+1 too to Laufer, Annette, Phil, etc.

For actual data publishing, images from satellites and microscopes make
> sense. If the WG wants to include documents in the classic sense of
> somthing that can be printed out then we should explain why HTML is better
> than ODT or PDF and why PDF is better than .doc which is better than
> .docx.

Isn't it "docx better than doc" ?

But if those docs include tabular data as data or as graphs, then
> that data should be published separately alongside the doc. This is what
> researchers are increasingly encouraged, and in some cases forced, to do.

Note that for NWO fundings researchers are forced not to publish the data
but to send it to a trusted archive.
Hence the need for BPs on data preservation ;-)

Christophe

--
Onderzoeker
DANS, Anna van Saksenlaan 51, 2593 HW Den Haag

*Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS/KNAW)*[image:
http://dans.knaw.nl] <http://dans.knaw.nl>

*e-Humanities Group (KNAW)*
[image: eHumanities] <http://www.ehumanities.nl/>

*World Wide Semantic Web community*