Re: vocabulary versioning and preservation

From: Ghislain Atemezing <auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:59:37 +0100
Cc: Herbert Van de Sompel <hvdsomp@gmail.com>, "public-dwbp-wg@w3.org" <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
To: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov>
Hi Herbert,

Just to follow what Anette already said, this is a very useful information.
However before reading all the spec of Memento, is there any criteria of “storing” a snapshot in time of a resource? So, is it based on some changes/modifications in the resource, say the case of the DBpedia demo in your howto link?
Do you think it’s possible to keep track of the diff from one page to another over the time?

I was also wondering if you have special suggestions for publishers for the URIs. I see you tend to add the date on the URI, e.g.: http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/memento/20100316/http://dbpedia.org/page/DJ_Shadow <http://dbpedia.mementodepot.org/memento/20100316/http://dbpedia.org/page/DJ_Shadow>. Is it right?

Nice piece of work indeed.

Best,
Ghislain