Re: vocabulary versioning and preservation

Hi Herbert, all,

In fact I had understood the vocabulary versioning BP to be more about the mere act of tracking different versions. To me, using Memento for a vocabulary makes sense, but what is important is that it should be then considered an aspect of publishing versioned data in general. Publishing a vocabulary using Memento makes much sense if the data using the vocabulary is also published using Memento.

So in practice for the document I would be very happy to say that the versioned vocabulary could be published following the methods that are applied to the data itself. And count on the data versioning section to refer on Memento.

Of course I know that such approach will be harder to follow when one vocabulary is re-used by many datasets, but for 'best practices' I would be in favour of encouraging the best. And in this case I think consistency should be the primary focus.

Best,

Antoine