dwbp-ISSUE-190: "official" DQV reqs vs the implementation of our best practices (cf. the "5 stars" thread). [Quality & Granularity Vocabulary]

From: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:35:41 +0000
To: public-dwbp-wg@w3.org
dwbp-ISSUE-190: "official" DQV reqs  vs  the implementation of our best practices (cf. the "5 stars" thread). [Quality & Granularity Vocabulary]

http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/190

Raised by: Antoine Isaac
On product: Quality & Granularity Vocabulary

We have to confirm whether the scope of DQV work is indeed  "official" DQV reqs specified in the  "requirement section" or if we should go beyond, e.g., reflecting the quality of the vocabulary (re-)used, access to datasets, metadata and more generally the implementation of our best practices (cf. the "5 stars" thread).

The distinction between intrinsic and extrinsic metadata may help making choices here. For example, DQV could be defined wrt. intrinsic properties of the datasets, not extrinsic properties (let alone properties of the metadata for a dataset!)