Re: Editable version of DUV model Action-178

Hi Eric,

I have just one comment:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thank you very much for the examples! They are really useful! My comments
> are inline.
>

>> Example 1:  Jian wants to provide "readme" information that includes
>> recommended uses and some background information with a previously
>> published climate model diagnostics dataset
>> http://example.com/atmos/sgp-uncertainty/ .  To do this Jian publishes
>> "duv:UsageAnnotation".
>>

> Yes. In this case, Jian creates an annotation that describes a specific
> type of DatasetUsage (ex: duv:GeneralInformation). However, the current
> version of the model doesn't have this type of DatasetUsage.Should we
> include a new subclass?
>
> I was thinking this was UsageAnnotation, no?

I was thinking UsageAnnotation as a way to annotate a dataset with
information about its usage. In this case, UsageAnnotation may be used to
annotate a dataset with information about applications that use the dataset
as well as to describe possible citations. The idea is to have a way to
associate a dataset with information about how the dataset has being used.

For example, a consumer uses the duv:Application to describe how he is
using the dataset in a given application and the publisher uses
duv:UsageAnnotation to describe who is using the dataset. Maybe, we can say
that a duv:UsageAnnotation is a set of one or more duv:DatasetUsage.

Cheers,
Bernadette